Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ouch

I tell you what, it's not easy getting older. I remember the good old days...when I could play on the playground for hours and eat anything and run and skip and ride my bike. Wouldn't it be nice to have that again? Minus the having to grow up, of course.

I've been having some issues lately with my running. I want to run. But my legs don't seem to be able to comply. Granted, donating blood was a huge do-do move. I should know better. But still, I feel like I'm running in mud. My breathing is labored and I'm tired. My legs have been getting so tight, I feel like they're going to snap if I don't stop and stretch. But a mile down the road I have to do the same thing all over again. I keep waiting for the kick, the point where I feel like it's effortless, but it's been over a week since I've felt that and that, my friend, is frustrating. I get so...arrgh! about it. Only a month til the 1/2 and I feel like I'm not even a 1/4 of the way there with my training. My coaches have been very supportive and they tell me I'm doing fine, but if you know me, you know how competitive I am. Yes, Becquel, me - competitive. LOL!

I guess I just need to stretch, keep rolling on that damn foam roller and relax. I'm going to finish that race if it kills me. I just want to do it in less than 2 hours. And that's the kicker. Oh Lord, won't you teach me patience? Or maybe, is this part of the learning process?

1 comment:

Amber/Mama Bear said...

I'm so proud of your determination and impressed --although I knew you could do it!! Go you! :)