Thursday, October 9, 2008

I love candy

So here's my problem. I have always wanted to lose weight. Hence, the size six. I'm a 8/10 right now and although I KNOW that pounds/size aren't the most important indicator of my physical being, they still matter. Stupid food. Therein lies my problem. I love food. I love candy. I love broccoli. I love, love, love brussels sprouts. And steak. Oh heavenly filet mignon. And potatoes, delish! I could go on and on for days about food. It's what I think about a lot of the time. And wine, oh yum! Even a good bourbon, oh tastyness on my tongue! So even though I've been training for this marathon since August I have yet to lose any weight. I've been running 20+ miles a week and I still can't lose any weight! ARGH! Maybe I need to get a taste bud transplant. Or maybe I should start smoking, kill off some of those taste buds. I don't know what to do.


When my good friend Becquel got married I was able to lose 15 lbs. I ate chicken cooked on a George Foreman grill and salad practically every night for 2 months. And I looked fabulous in the sausage dress.




See! But let me tell you this. I do not want to eat stupid chicken every night for the rest of my life. I know what I need. I have to learn to control my portion sizes. But I usually don't even finish everything on my plate. And I eat a fraction of what Aaron eats. That's why I'm frustrated.

Excuse me while I go finish my glass of wine. It's delish!

1 comment:

Amber/Mama Bear said...

OK so I have yet to loose weight, but I definitely found the culprit....the ol might "calorie". The first day I tracked my caloric intake...I took in over 4,000 calories! Since then (two months ago) I've tracked my caloric intake every single day. It was and is daily eye opener.
Plain and simple. I eat entirely too much. I thought I ate fairly healthy, problem was I just ate too damn much of it!
I, like you, are a very competitive person, mostly w/ myself but on occasion w/ other. My co-worker actually should me this website (http://www.fitday.com/), now I'm addicted! I still over indulge, more often then I would like, but then I stay at the gym a bit longer to counter balance the huge amounts of calories I can consume! :)

Try it out! It's kind of fun. You can enter your work outs, your food, even sex! Hehe. Definitely not worth having "vigorous sex" --you'll see what I mean when you look it up! There are also comparisons, reports, charts, etc.
Pretty cool.