Friday, December 12, 2008

Life in General

I've been meaning to post for some time about my daily happenings... the Christmas tree we put up, the lights, the runs, my poor little Max hurting his leg, again... but then I get lazy and just don't feel like writing.

I've had some things that have made me get a little panicky lately. I have to take .33 of a credit for my damn CPA exam qualifications and I finally registered for the class. But holy Mary, honestly, I'm so over it. I just know I need to do it so I can start taking some different classes so I have a prayer of passing those frickin' tests. Can I just be an adult, already???

The economy is in such shambles. What is going on? Gas is finally at an acceptable price, but then where the heck did my 401k go? It's a fraction of what it was just months ago! Argh! I finally feel like I have some room to breathe and then...wham. You'll be working until you're 70, lady!

On the other hand, some very good news from my friend Amber. She signed the contract and set a date. She's getting married in September of next year and asked me to marry her and Matt. I'm very excited. I love weddings! And Amber has been a very special person to me for a very long time. She has this impish smile...you can't help but love her. Matt is very lucky to have her.

But then. There is always a then. You see, there is this news that just breaks my heart. Someone I love very dearly in my family has a genetic disease that is non-curable and although I have known this for a long time... it hurts. I don't want to write any specifics because...well, it's personal. But it's scary and hard. How do you cope with losing a loved one? How can I possibly spend enough time with them? What can I do to make it better? How can I fix this? Me. I'm the one who fixes the printer, the stove, the lights, the computer, the drain...anything! But I can't fix this. My heart is heavy and I don't like it.

Tomorrow is a new day and there is always the hope that just maybe...maybe there will be a cure. At the very least, equal rights for those that are sick. I know that day is coming, but still I worry that it won't be in time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking positive thoughts in your direction...

Amber/Mama Bear said...

Impish huh?! :) I'll take that...gives me great "character"! Lol!
I'm sorry for the sadness in your life...boy does life like to throw some challenges...I know they all make us who we are but sometimes the super painful ones can be quite overwhelming...
I owe you a phone call here soon...not to mention we ARE hanging out very soon!! We're trying to make the most out of our four days...squeezing it all in...I'm tired of saying that I'll see people next time...this IS next time! So...how do we make the most out of it? Are there other people you want to see...we can do a small group thing...? Or Matt and I were thinking of going to SF for lunch w/ Bethe and her daughter Chloe...maybe we could shoot down there after...what are your thoughts?

Can't wait!! =)

Amber/Mama Bear said...

O and I would LOVE to do a "Facebook" thing...don't forget you guys ARE coming out to Vegas!