Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am very thankful..



Thanksgiving was a small affair at our home this year. Tina, Aaron, Maximus and I enjoyed dinner together and watched movies. I'm a bit of a tyrant in the kitchen and so I spent about 6 hours preparing dinner upstairs. I spent about 1/2 an hour downstairs with Tina and Aaron while they watched Fred Claus and then I went back upstairs to finish. I love cooking solo. I don't even mind helping out with dishes afterwards.

We had the regular dinner - turkey, mashed taters, cranberry sauce, stuffing, rolls and yams. I baked the yams in the skin, cored them and mashed the insides with some butter, put them back in the skins and put a couple of mini marshmallows on top to roast some more. They rocked. I made brussels sprouts casserole instead of green bean casserole. I don't like green beans that much but dig on brussels sprouts. And gravy. MMMM gravy. Max even got some turkey in his meal that night. He kept me company in the kitchen most of the day, so he earned it.



After dinner we watched Hellboy 2 and rested our bellies. Then it was dessert, with a homemade apple tart and a TJ's pumpkin pie. I don't like pumpkin or pie that much, so I prefer to just buy it. But the tart was yummy, especially with the homemade caramel sauce on the top. I could just eat that caramel sauce with a spoon, it's that good.

I hope you and your families and friends all had a great Thanksgiving. Much love to you all!

1 comment:

Amber/Mama Bear said...

I've been waiting for your updates too!! How was your birthday? Tree up yet? What day are we hanging out? Will after Christmas day be OK maybe?