Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How does your garden grow?


It's been a while since I last ventured into my garden to harvest any veggies and man, oh man, are there zucchini. There were two ginormous ones that probably should have been picked a week ago. Oops. I'm a haphazard gardener at best. I hope they make good zucchini bread, because I could make about 4 loaves with those whoppers.

I was very excited to see so many lemon cukes coming in and I also have quite a few pickling cukes as well. Good thing we're going through those homemade pickles because I am going to have to make another batch this weekend! Also, my beans are starting to come in nicely. I'll have to find a tasty recipe that includes bacon for those bad boys. And I have a handful of ripened tomatoes as well, with lots of green ones still waiting for that sun.

As you can see, I've got a wild garden. I didn't pull the grass weeds and so they are growing everywhere. I can barely walk in there to harvest my bounty. Anyone want to come over to pull some weeds for me? I'll pay you with dinner....

No comments: