Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bacon Brownies



Doesn't that look scrumptious? A brownie, one of the most divine desserts on earth. It's gooey, chocolatey, melts on your tongue. And it has bacon.

"WHAT?" you might say. "Bacon? Are you nutso, or what?" Well, the answer is maybe. I saw this recipe on Bacon Today. It's a pretty good website, to tell the truth. It has a lot of very interesting information about what is going on in the Bacon World. Yes, I capitalize it. You know why? Because Bacon Is Important. It's delicious. It's savory. It's a bit of heaven on my tongue. After seeing this recipe I decided that I needed to try it. Why not? What's a little extra bacon in my life? And I was able to make a breakfast burrito this morning with some tasty bacon as well. Bacon for breakfast, check. Bacon for dessert, check. Oh, and I did add a little bacon grease to the onion while I was sauteing it for the Shepherd's Pie.

Here's the brownie mix with the bacon laid in it - ready to cut!

Hey, where did that bacon go? It's going in the oven!

Finished product.

The brownies weren't quite a hit. They weren't pushed away either. In fact, both Aaron and Tina ate every bite. They had a quizzical look on their faces while they were eating though. Hey, me too.

I cooked the bacon fully, but still soft. I think I would have preferred the bacon pieces a little crunchier. They said that it really didn't matter, that they would have preferred the brownies sans bacon, but that they would likely still eat the remaining brownies without taking the bits of bacon out. Myself, I thought that the smoky flavor combined with the sweetness of the chocolate was interesting. It was a good combination of sweet and savory but like I said previously, it needed to be crunchier. I think I would like chocolate covered bacon, as long as it was crispier than a cracker bacon. Kind of like one of those little boy crackers with the chocolate on them. They're French and they are Heavenly.

We still have some brownies left...come over and try one if you dare!

2 comments:

Amber/Mama Bear said...

I love those little cookies w/the boy and chocolate...they're one of my all time favorites!

Giyen said...

Get out!