Thursday, November 20, 2008

I heart running

I had the best run that I've had in a long time tonight. I felt like the wind. It was amazing. We had track workout, which I have always loved. 2000 meters/2 minute break/1600 meters/2 minute break/1200 meters/2 minute break/800 meters/2 lap cool down. I started the first rep with a 8.5 minute mile average then went down to a 8 minute mile average, down to 7.5 minute mile average and finished strong with a 6.5 minute mile average. Ooh-rah! That's right, baby, and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

I sincerely hope my good friend Smith doesn't read my blog. Because...I think I like it so much that I might do another season of TNT. The people are a lot of fun. We run! And then we eat! What is not to like about that? And, to be honest, the pain of the Nike Women's Half Marathon is fading away. I can barely remember the extreme pain I was in as I crossed the finish line. I mean, I think I was in extreme pain. It's kind of foggy. And the high that you get after exercising is heaven. I love it! I feel so good right now that I'm acting uber-silly. Both Aaron and Tina laughed at me numerous times tonight. But I have a huge smile on my face. Except my belly is so full from the absolutely scrumptious chicken that Aaron made tonight.

Get this... He looked up a recipe for baked barbecued chicken on the internet and then made it. It was succulent. It was divine. I wish I would have taken a photo for your viewing pleasure. Giant chicken bone-in breasts and baked potatoes and salad. Sigh. My belly is REALLY full and I only ate half of my dinner, thank goodness. I love my man.

So back to the running...What do you all think? Should I join TNT again? I'm thinking for next fall since I'll be in class this spring. But then again, maybe I should just do it. And I'm thinking of applying to be a mentor. I think it would be a lot of fun and the group really is terrific. Things to ponder in the next few weeks...

No comments: