Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving appetizer




As an appetizer for Thanksgiving I thought I would try this recipe that I found on the web from the Ridiculous Food Society of Upstate New York. Bacon wrapped spam cracker sandwiches. Basically, you take club crackers (try the whole wheat ones...they're better for you!) put a slice of bacon flavored spam in between and wrap them with bacon. They suggested using thinly sliced bacon but all I had was hickory bacon from Costco. I think the thin sliced bacon would work much better.

They came out allright. A little salty for me, but tasty. I had to soak up the bacon grease several times during the baking. These are not low fat, nor heart healthy, even with the whole wheat crackers!


1 comment:

Mr. Dave said...

Hello, I'm Dave, author of the post you got this recipe from. I agree with you that those little guys are really salty, probably low sodium bacon would be the way to go. Glad you tried the recipe thought!